Unbelievable, but true. A knit top I can actually wear!
New Year's resolution #6: Make a knit top that I actually wear bites the dust.
I got the fabric from Michael Levines in LA. I think I paid around $2.50 a yard and the top took about 2 yds = a $5 top. Not too bad. I am wearing the top with the pants I just finished.
I got the fabric from Michael Levines in LA. I think I paid around $2.50 a yard and the top took about 2 yds = a $5 top. Not too bad. I am wearing the top with the pants I just finished.
I used a top I got from Macys for $15 to make a pattern. I'm not super crazy about the print, but the fit is great.
The top is totally serged except for the neckline, hem and sleeve hems. I used a double needle for the hem. I sewed over water soluble stabilizer. I can't remember where I saw this hint, but it is a winner.

1 comment:
Super cute top! That print is so charming. Loving the purse and shoes. You have great taste in accessiories!
Post a Comment