The pattern is included in a recent Sew Beautiful.

This is the picture of the skirt in the magazine. I love the skirt, but I think I will need to work up the patience to add all the embroidery.

I used the XXL size. It calls for 12 gores but I only used 11. I also took in the waist 4 inches (I am a hippy gal).
I used linen/rayon and poly lining I purchased from JoAnns.
I added lace to the hem also purchased from JoAnns.
I caved into peer pressure and purchased an invisible zipper. Amazingly enough, I did not have a red zipper among the 50 or so zippers in my stash.
I looked at some of the ready to wear waist treatments for ladies of a certain size and find that most have very thin waistbands with no interfacing. I tried that treatment. I think I like it. The wide waistbands tend to bunch up for me (I guess 3 children will do that to your abs...)
Somehow in my entire sewing career, I have only ever inserted an invisible zipper one other time at least 10 years ago. I bought a plastic foot for the occasion. Well I killed the foot putting in the zipper for this skirt. Maybe plastic isn't such a good idea for feet. Thankfully it died at the very end when I was sewing up the seam. I'm going to have to look for a replacement foot (preferably something in metal).
Parting shot of Bonnie in "Hannah Montana" pose.

No comments:
Post a Comment