Friday, March 19, 2010

Strike a Pose

Apparently nothing makes Bonnie happier than posing for the Sewing Blog! She comes up with all her own poses. Too bad my photography skills are lacking. This picture would have been better if I hadn't cut off half her head.

I made Bonnie this summer top using leftovers from this top. I think I am going to take up the
straps an inch so it doesn't gap so much under the arms.

The pattern is McCalls 6022.

I actually followed the directions for the pattern, except I made my own bias tape to finish the arm holes. I stitched the facing down by hand, machine top stitched the hem and serged the side seams.


The fabric is swiss dot cotton from G Street. I love it when you have enough leftovers to make a bonus garment.



Closeup of the bias tape.

No comments: