McCalls 5522 This is my third version and I have a fourth black version half way done. My first version was the Floral Silk from LA Mood. My second version was the Teal Swiss Dot from G Street.
I knew I wanted some peach/sherbet colored eyelet last summer. I searched for all cotton, but was only able to find this poly/cotton from Hancock Fabrics.
The fabric definitely does not press out as well as cotton, but I think the result is still pretty good.
The sleeves are probably a little too full, but my upper arms are my least favorite body part. I usually have to go up 2 sizes in ready-to-wear to fit my arms. Bodices are always too big for me.
OK, this is the last time I am going to wear the ORANGE necklace with the SHERBET blouse. It's a little unsettling...

I serged all the seams. The facings are interfaced with sew-in peach organza. You can't use regular interfacing because you can see it through the eyelet. I got the organza interfacing tip from a Sewing Guild Meeting I once went to at G Street. I like the organza interfacing for lightweight fabric because it doesn't distort the fabric like iron-on interfacing.

I found the buttons in my stash! Score!! I have no clue where they came from.
I serged all the seams. The facings are interfaced with sew-in peach organza. You can't use regular interfacing because you can see it through the eyelet. I got the organza interfacing tip from a Sewing Guild Meeting I once went to at G Street. I like the organza interfacing for lightweight fabric because it doesn't distort the fabric like iron-on interfacing.
I found the buttons in my stash! Score!! I have no clue where they came from.
I think this blouse will look cute in the summer with jeans and sandals. I also have a vague plan to make a brown linen skirt and jacket for the Spring and Summer. I got gorgeous brown linen from G Street last summer that needs to be sewn.

1 comment:
Ok fine. Now I'm gonna have to make this shirt. I have all the stuff to do it, I just needed to be inspired!
Post a Comment