Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bonnie's New School Dress


This year Bonnie started Kindergarten. She is a really "girly" girl. She prefers dresses and rarely wears pants. She was very excited I was sewing a dress for her and would prod me continuously to finish the dress.

The pattern I used was Butterick 4782, view D.



Back of dress. It would have looked better with an invisible zipper, but I have lots of zippers in my stash and wanted to use one.

The fabric is a teal cotton corduroy from a Hancock fabric going-out-of-business sale. It's not the most high quality fabric and is already starting to fade. It will be a woolite only dress I guess.

I added lace from my stash. Actually it was from an inherited stash (it is true that you can't take it with you when you die....).

I added poly lining to the bodice from my stash.

No comments: