Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween

Sewing for Halloween has reached an all time low. Everything was store bought except for a couple of accessories for Bonnie and shoulder pads for Gus.

Carl went as the Terminator, Gus went as Donovan McNabb from the Washington Redskins and Bonnie went as Santa's daughter.



Unfortunately, I didn't get a good solitary photo of Gus. I sewed 3 high-loft shoulder pads on top of a t-shirt. He wore the jersey over the t-shirts and shoulder pads.

I bought Carl the jacket on-line from a leather shop. The t-shirt I got at JoAnns. I got his jeans at Burlington Coat Factory and his sunglasses at Target. I wanted to get him the biker boots, but the only place I could find them was on-line for $50 (and up!). I already spent $50 on the jacket and that was my limit for a kid's costume. I guess we will see how long it takes for him to either loose his jacket or have it stolen. Hopefully he will get a little wear out of it.



Bonnie wore her Christmas dress. She originally wanted to wear the dress and be a fairy. I convinced her to be Santa's daughter. I thought it might be hard to explain the fairy/Christmas association.

I bought a bridal headband at JoAnns and covered it with fake white fur (also from JoAnns). I have a Santa hat that I tried to convince her to wear - but no such luck. She really liked the headband though.

I bought her the black boots from Target. I hand-stitched the white fake fur trim around the top.
They got lots of candy and everyone had a good time.


No comments: