I have completed a new skirt to wear with my teal Swiss dot McCalls 5522 blouse.
The front is McCalls 5637 . This back is Burda Mag 9/2009 - 137. Unfortunately, the website only shows the front and you can't see the fish tail back.
The front is McCalls 5637 . This back is Burda Mag 9/2009 - 137. Unfortunately, the website only shows the front and you can't see the fish tail back.
I sewed clear elastic under the lining at the waistline. My last skirt had a little gaping at the back. The elastic helped stop this.
I love the fish tail

The fabric is white, teal and hot pink rayon tweed. I got the fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club at least seven years ago.

The fabric is white, teal and hot pink rayon tweed. I got the fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club at least seven years ago.
I used hem lace and hand sewed the hem.
I have a bit of a rippling issue at the side seam. I think I eased in the slightly longer front - clearly a no no in rayon. I'm hoping most people won't notice. I'll fix it in my next version of the skirt.

With all the pattern drafting, I lost about an inch in the hip's circumference. I guess those centimeters start adding up. I ended up ripping out the side seams and letting it out.
With all the pattern drafting, I lost about an inch in the hip's circumference. I guess those centimeters start adding up. I ended up ripping out the side seams and letting it out.

2 comments:
Gawgeous fabric, lovely skirt. I just love that fishtail!
Wow, that's a goregous skirt on you! Great job and I would love to own one of these! By the way, thank you for the nice comment on my blog today...you have a great blog too!
Post a Comment