Sunday, May 9, 2010

Burda Plus S/S 2010-410: It Just Isn't For Me


Well, I tried, but it was not meant to be. I knew I was taking a risk. This flowy hippy dippy style is just not a good look for me - but the model in Burda mag just looked so cute and I so wanted the look. Sigh. Oh well.

The pattern is Burda Plus S/S 2010-410.




I used a $1 yard chiffon from JoMar. The top makes me look like I have a bag of boobs and it is too small at the hips. Thankfully. I only waisted 2 bucks on this experiment.


I used my hemostat clamp to make ties and to pull the ties through the channel in the front of the top. I made a button hole for the tie opening. This part looked nice.



Apparently, German large size women are Teutonic giants. In order to get this top to hit my hip, I would need to cut off a least 8 inches. Yikes. I am not a petite flower. I am 5 foot 7 inches. I am not short.



I'm working on a skirt. Hopefully, I'll have better luck...

No comments: