
One of the advantages of living near Washington, D.C is being close to the 4th of July festivities held on the mall.
In the past, the kids have been too young to take to the fireworks downtown. I really didn't want fight the crowds at 10:00 at night on the metro (subway) to get home so on a whim, I called a hotel near the mall to see if they had any rooms. I called on Friday so I wasn't expecting much. We were in luck! A hotel about 3 blocks from the mall had a room.
We got there around 3:00 and the kids played in the pool for a couple hours.

After dinner at McDonalds (yuk!) we walked 3 blocks to the mall to catch up with 500,000 of our closest friends.

We found a nice spot halfway between the captial and the Washington monument and got to know several of our fellow Americans.
Bill got the kids glow sticks and the hotel gave them pinwheels and flags.
We were able to walk back to the hotel and the kids were in bed by 10:15. Awesome!
The only problem with watching the fireworks on the mall is that you are spoiled for all other fireworks displays. It is the best!


1 comment:
The fireworks display looks awesome. Fun for your family!
Thanks for adding me to your blog list :)
Post a Comment