Monday, August 31, 2009

Disney Princess

We made our annual pilgrimage to Disney last week. Bonnie needed a princess dress because it is a requirement for all girls going to Disney.


Of course I waited til the last minute and in true "sewin' like the wind" fashion, finished the zipper and waist gathering the hour before we pulled out of our driveway for the drive to Florida.
Carl, Linda and Princess Bonnie.

I used Butterick 3351 View C. I was going to make the shawl overlay, but ran out of time. Maybe I'll finish it for her Halloween costume.


The fabric is from JoAnns. The bodice is a sheer lavender iridescent acetate lined with lavender poly lining. The purple sparkly overskirt is mystery fabric from JoAnns discount bin.


I serged the hems of the lining and acetate. The acetate shredded anyway. Note stringy mess at bottom of hem.

I used a lavender set in zipper from the stash.


I hand sewed the lining to the waist and zipper on drive from Virginia to Florida.

No comments: