Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another UFO Bites the Dust


I finished another unfinished project. I originally stopped this project because I got frustrated with the interfacing. I had used iron on interfacing that was way too stiff. I ended up ripping out the interfacing and replacing it with sew in poly organza. It looks a lot better.

Unfortunately, pictures do not do this fabric justice. It is a deep purple sueded silk with gray swirls and black dots. The fabric is from the stash. I believe it was purchased from Fashion Fabrics Club about 7 years ago.



I'm not digging it worn untucked. I am going to make a black high waisted skirt with belt- hopefully using Burda 1/2009-132 where I can wear it tucked in.

Head in this shot was just wayyy too scary.

I made a pattern from a shirt I had made around 10 years ago. I lost the pattern so I traced a shirt I made from it. I have no idea what pattern it was.


I hand stitched the hem because you can't see my hand stitches and my machine hems often look like I was driving the sewing machine while drunk.

And while the seams of this beautiful fabric deserved to be french seamed, I serged everything because I'm lazy....

The buttons are from the bottomless button stash.


This finishes off New Year's resolution #8: Finish at least 2 of my partially done projects.

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

Oooh. That fabric is really lovely. It looks like light under water, if that makes any sense.