Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grandma's Top





This is probably a top I will never wear again. Bill and I both determined that this is a top that his mother would have given me as a gift - that I would never wear. It has grandma love all over it.

I have no clue what drew me to this fabric, but it is from the G Street 2.97 table.  It is a square print for a scarf.  It took forever to lay out so that the print was centered. 



It is entirely stitched on the serger except for the back neck band.  The hems are all coverstitched. 




The pattern is Burda  Plus 2009 F/W - 403.

Here is a montage of past Burda cowls.

The original pattern was VERY low.  (Burda likes a bosom...).


I have since altered the pattern so that folks can't look down and see my belly button at work.

No comments: