Monday, August 2, 2010

All Tops All the Time



I decided to make a quick and dirty version of Simplicity 2369

The top did not turn out to be "dirty" or "quick". Well, certainly not quick.

I omitted the front ties and decided to use a 1 inch maroon elastic trim I purchased as a foldover elastic. I folded and ironed the elastic trim in half and attempted to sew it down as neck binding. It got totally stretched out and end up an unholy mess. I had to rip it all out and used the same foldover technique I used for the teal and maroon floral knit versions of 2369 that I made.



I used the foldover binding for the neckline and the sleeve cuffs. The entire top is serged. I only used my sewing machine to run a gathering stitch for the cuffs. I used the coverstitch for the hems.

I used purple, pink, white and maroon rayon knit from Denver Fabrics. This fabric is super soft and it feels like I am wearing a jammie top.

Verdict: I love it. I love the colors and it feels great on.
I am wearing Lane Bryant pants and Easy Spirit sandals.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You should make more of these - it's very flattering on you!!

b4thedoor.com said...

Cute top! Nicely finished! Shannon is right...keep going. This print is great too!

Anonymous said...

Nice top. Love the colours and the sandals too.