Friday, April 10, 2009

Gus' Egyptian Costume

Gus' 3rd grade play was on Egypt. I was hoping he would be a Pharaoh, but with his immense acting talent and singing and dancing abilities, Gus got the role of hand cymbal player.

I made him an Egyptian costume. He ended up with the fanciest costume of all.. he he he..




I was able to use all stash fabric. I noticed none of the other 3rd graders used actual linen for their costumes...

I copied an old t shirt to make the shirt. It is velcroed up the back.



Gus' goofy face.

I pleated the skirt with 1 inch pleats parallel to the floor. As soon as he tried it on he ripped open the seam joining the front panel. I guess boys aren't used to skirts. I had to add two extra pleated triangle panels perpendicular to the floor.

The belt and front panel are sewn into the skirt. The belt has a velcro opening in the front.
Inspiration



No comments: